Monday, December 15, 2008

weekly wrap=Frozen in Cowtown

My god..I hate winter.. how can it go from above zero to -30c in 12 hours.. no wonder we are always sick in calgary.
It has been a weather week for sure. Started last Sunday where we got 18 cm of snow in a few hours.. this shit was wet snow too, so you can imagine the fun of shovelling the driveway. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the driveway and would shovel every day to keep it, but man thought the old ticker was going to give way.
The past week was uneventful, work, tv and pulling snowballs out if Izzies armpits basically.
Had my xmas lunch at work on Friday, they catered in Turkey and the fixins , was ok but who puts raisons and cranberries in the stuffing?
I did a mass order on Amazon.ca, got 4 gifts out of the way, god I love online shopping. I got Rochelles main gift and 2 smaller gifts online.. I don't think I will need to enter a store except maybe shoppers for some odds and ends, oh still need to go to Toyrus for the nephews.. Anyone know what is the best time to avoid people? or is there a good time..?
There has been no progress on the basement bar project this weekend. I basically vegged other than shovelling the blessed driveway again. I slept, watched TV, took a nap, watched TV etc. Man I have been so lazy since the cold weather came. If I was at the old house I would be up and at em every morning working on something.
Well I suppose I will be working over the holidays, have to go over to Hell Drive and finish up some things so I can hopefully rent it out for Jan 1st. I haven't even listed it yet for rent..WHat is with me and the procrasination. I will have to do that today, but it will be a big pain in the ass to drive across town to show it, especially if people don't show up.
OMG.. Just check the survivor pool and I got ousted out of 1st place by that damn Maddog.. ! She won last year too. I was having an awsome run at it too, in first for the last 3 weeks.. damn her. Rochelle is not going to be happy that she dropped to 5th either.

Product review time. With the cold dry weather here I have been really stuffed up and having a hard time sleeping. I have been intrigued by the whole Breathe right nose strips, so I finally tried them last nite. Gotta say they work pretty well, they do open up your nose and let you breathe right lol. The only drawback is they didn't stay stuck enough all night. Not sure if I had them in the right spot on my nose, will have to check the box. They are also pricey, it was 899 for 10 of them which is not cheap. but in a pinch they are better than sniffin that nasal spray which I think is harmful to the old nose.

oh, almost forgot, I am dealing with a dog in heat right now too. Thankfully the little horndog got snipped in the summer time and is not interested, but Addie is all out of sorts. Sticking her but in his face, being needy , basically a pain in the ass. Jt, is Lady having a visit with Aunt flo?


well thats all I got
Later

1 comment:

Rox said...

Derwood used those breathe rights for a while, they kind of worked. Since he lost some weight on Atkins, his snoring is almost non existent! It's wild!

I know what you mean about the ticker. When I hauled wood yesterday, I thought it was the big one Elizabeth.

I did better in the pool this year!

Sell the place on Helle drive. Seriously. Oh wait, wait until the market gets better. Then sell.