Now lets see if I can remember what has happened since last blog.. well that was May 12 so probably alot..
I have discovered that I need stuff to do. A project. something, b/c i think the reason I have been kinda off is that I am bored on weekends. Don't get me wrong the new house is great, lovin it but other than some puttering and lawn work there really isn't anything to do. I know I have been told to maybe take up relaxing.. That is fine for the latter part of the afternoon/evening but I can't just sit out and read all day. or suntan.
Now don't worry, I am not planning on knocking down walls or anything.. well maybe just part of a little one lol. I think we might start the little project, lets call it operation DOOR. Here is the scenario. the sunroom ( I will post pics) used to be a carport, it has now been closed in with windows and patio doors. There is no access to the house directly from the sunroom, you have to go out the front and in the the front door, or go out the back door across the back yard and go in the side door. Not a biggie really, but it would be nice to put a door in so that you can access the house via the computer room etc.. following me?
ok. good. So that is the potential next project, it will require cutting a hole in the side of the house through stucco and drywall.. but hey been there done that at the old house.
I had a weeks holidays the first week of July, Dad and the misses came out for just over a week to visit. It was actually a nice visit, the misses was on very good behavior.. Freakishly good. We are thinking there must be medication involved b/c as Rochelle put it, she was 'Delightful'... lol Remember past visits, delightful would not have been a word used to describe her.. I think Rochelle figured out the secret (other than the afore mentioned medication). When the misses says something ridiculous or potentially stupid, you call her on it.. it works.. the Misses sees how stupid it sounded and laughs at herself.. so everyone is laughing.. way less tension. No mood/moping.. its great. Now I think the new house has something to do with it also.. The house is bigger, way better layout for not being in each others faces the whole time, plus the guest room and bath in the basement provides them their own space. Oh can't forget the sunroom, that helped tonnes too.
Oh in addition to the good mood, the misses was also wayyy more helpful around the house, she asked if help was needed with dinners, vacuumed the house, mowed the lawn .. it was crazy..
So in a nutshell the visit was lovely, we even asked them to stay longer..
Dog update. Living with 3 of them can be challenging at times.. especially when 2 of them are still considered puppies.. I mean you should see when the all get going chasing each other.. its like a white flash that goes by every 3 seconds.. can be crazy. But for the most part little Izzie has been a welcome addition. She is defintely my dog, like the others she is glued to my hip, but also we have bonded.. She is so cute.

Angus and izzie napping
The whole family,
Dad and izzie cooling off
the fancy $59 pool




Pretty nice pool for that price. Let me tell you we have been using it tonnes. It came with a filter/pump and we picked up a cover for it and the chemical kit to keep clean. Way better than the little one we had last year which we had to dump every second day..
My ride is coming..
This post TBC..
1 comment:
I know what you mean about having something to do. I can't just go sit outside anymore like I used to. I need to be mowing or weeding. As it is, right now, I'm just taking a break from tilling the garden. Yeah. Relax? What the hell is that!
Good to see you blogging! Post more pics of the house. I want to see more.
Post a Comment