Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Monday .... the countdown to the long weekend has begun.

Ok, I know you are probably all shitting yourself, I am posting 2 times within a week..
I am sitting here at work waiting on some info before I can proceed with some work stuff so I thought I would post.
The weekend was ok, not nearly as nice as it was supposed to have been, was kinda overcast and cool but not raining or snowing so I should consider myself blessed.
Saturday was the day we finally got the waterline hooked up for the fridge.. its amazing how you get used to the finer things in life .. Ah filtered water, oh and the ice machine is a total requirement for summertime.. this fridge has express freeze which can make a big tray of ice in a couple hours..
Oh and from someone who was not going to put in a dishwasher at the old house, I sure got spoiled ... I didn't take the dishwasher from the old house so I am forced to using the pilocrap one that they left at the new house. Everytime either one of us puts dishes in it we say how much we hat the dishwasher.. its really fucked up as far as configuration, can't seem to fit much in it.. anyways, a new dishwasher is on the shopping list..
On Saturday afternoon we went out to this place called BBQ galore.. they only sell bbq stuff and surprisingly they were not super expensive. You see the shiny bbq I bought 3 years ago is really a shiny piece of crap. Its never cooked evenly, they back of the grill is super hot and the front not so much.. so LAST weekend after burning my last angus burger I decided to look for a new one. After my internet investigation I decided to go for a Weber.. if you know BBQ's you know Weber is the BMW of bbq's.. lWell I couldn't justify spending 800$ on one of their cheaper ones, I decided on a Charcoal one from Weber. I thought I would get back to the roots of Grilling.. lol This one is only 350, and has a gas igniter and a workstation on the side of it.
http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=1207/form_keyword=weber%20performer%20-cover/rd=1/mode=about_bbq/st=query

its pretty cool looking and the one we ordered is a nice blue color.
So anyways this will probably be my new obsession, I will be grilling up a storm , smoking things.. lol
yesterday we had to go to Hell. We met the electrician at 2pm, he did the wiring for the new panel and we got the dryer stacked with the stacking kit. Also had to fix the door to the basement suite.. It has not been working /closing well for a lonnggg time. Ever morning at 4 am the whole house shook when LLF left for work.. Well you know the dried up old bag next door has already complained to me about it, and I said I was working on fixing it.. then when I spoke with my upstairs tenants on Saturday they mentioned it.. so anyways I think we got the problem fixed.. adjusted teh door and put a new deadbolt on..Seems to be alot quieter, but still asked LLF to just lock the deadbold, b/c then he can close the door gently then lock it with the key. Hopefully that will appease all the people on Hell drive..
As well I think I got myself some good tenants.. When I showed up on Sunday, they were out in the yard cleaning like maniacs. Apparently they had been doing yardwork ( I am giving them a rent credit of $100 to maintain the grass, shovel etc) for the whole weekend. Looked fabulous. Better than when we lived there b/c they even cleared out under the deck . lol. Hopefully I can keep them for a few years as tenants..
I am hoping that I won't have to think about Hell Drive for a while and focus on the new house . We are moving along pretty good now, settling in. The only thing really outstanding is we haven't put in the overrange microwave yet from the old house. I wanted to vent it outside instead of recirc in the house (which is useless and noisy as hell) but I wanted to have my dad help me with that. I think he is coming out in the next few weeks so I will see if I can hold off and live without a microwave. so far its been ok, haven't really missed it.
The yard is coming along, not much to do out there except Rochelle wants to put in a rock garden where the flower bed is against back of the house. It doesn't get much rain there and plus all the dogs do is dig it up and get muddy. HOping a rock garden would help with that.

well gotta work ..
Later folks
M

No comments: