This is an email that JT sent to me back in 2000, Classic JT.
Enjoy.
Well, DUH, like you didn't know I was a child of the 80's by looking at my
library and my movie collection... but that thing was cool. However, I sTILL
don't know what the hell the big hoo-ha was about that Teddy Ruxpin thing...
like... wtf??? As well, I was *NEVER* impressed by Max Headroom or however
the hell you spell it. I just pretended to think he/it was cool because
everyone else did. Shall we come up with a Canadian, or an expanded
version?
You know you are a Canadian child of the 80s because:
1.) the kids on Degrassi look exactly like the Dorks you went to school
with
2.) You still have a slight crush on Spike, even though her hair could
easily impale you.
3.) You think said crush on Spike is now a little creepy, since in the
reruns she is almost young enough to be your daughter.
4.) Everytime a zit appears on your old, aged face, you start singing
"everybody wants something, they'll never give up...." because of the
connection with Joey Jeremiah and the Zit remedy.
5.) Molly Ringwald was simply to frigging die for... and now you see her asa
creepy, big-lipped, carrot-topped bore.
6.) You still watch Molly's movies compulsively, and can still relate to
them.
7.) You think Valley Girl is the best movie ever... which means that you
remember Nick Cage when he had more hair on his head than on his back.
8.) You remember when Dyan Cannon and Goldie Hawn had their original faces.
9.) You got creeped out listening to Sting's song "Russians" and really
hoped that "the Russians love their children too".
10.) In addition to nuclear war and a fear of Russians, you also were
convinced that global warming would kill us all by 1995.
11.) You can still picture Valerie Bertinelli in leg-warmers... and you
still think they are a neat fashion accessorie.
12.) You remember old coke AND new coke... and coke in glass bottles... and
the era when there WERE no plastic bottles in Saskatchewan, and you would go
to Alberta and just love the plastic (God, how frigging stupid THAT was...
would kill for a frigging bottle now).
13.) You remember Alexis and Krystle wrestling in the pool and you wanted
to kill that evil bitch Alexis.
14.) You thought your "Who shot J.R." t-shirt was so cool.
15.) You cried at the final episode of Family Ties.
16.) You remember reading Stephen King's classic novels when they were NEW!
17.) You remember when Nutrasweet came on the market, and the ads with Cher
and the gumball.
18.) You went to MASK and then wished for a deformed friend to hang out
with to show how understanding and open and cool you were (admit it, don't lie,
you hypocrites).
19.) You can sorta kinda remember when sex didn't threaten to kill you
20.) Cigarettes for 1.25 a pack!!!!
21.) 8 bucks a mickey!!!!
22.) Cheap daytime prices for a 2-4 at the LB!!!!!!!
23.) CD's were stupid and you would never own one.
24.) VCRS were 700 dollars.
2 comments:
Good to see that he is STILL EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!
You keep your emails from 2000? Holy ca-rap!
I still sing that fucking zit remedy song. In fact, I was singing it this morning!
Glad to see you finally posted something!
LOL I can't believe you still have this stuff! Now, if only you still had that top 10 list I made about a particular intimate act... LOLOL I still can't believe I came up with that one!
what's the haps for xmas?
Post a Comment