Sunday, December 09, 2007

Been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely time...

Hey peeps,
I am finally bloggin, don't know why but for some reason Margo has lost her groove when it comes to bloggin. But here I am at 430am on a sunday morning giving it a try.
Not much new and exciting going on since the last blog. I do have a new hate on for the bitch next door.. When we were installing the hardwood in the hallway we were down to the last piece, it was 5pm on a Sunday and the bitch starts banging on the wall for us to keep it quiet.. I mean what the fuck is that about..
We weren't even hammering, we were using a wood block to tap in the hardwood.. Did I say it was 5pm?? So that just reinforced my need to move into a Gladice free neighborhood.. The priority b4 was garage first, no Gladice second, but the dried up old cunt (yes JT I used the C word, its the only word that truely decribes the miserable old beotch.) has moved into 1st place..
On the house front, have not seen any new houses recently, there is one house that I am watching for a price drop, its pretty nice, already has a new kitchen so there would be no immediate reno's needed.. Will keep you all posted.
On the reno front here, we finished installing all the new casing and baseboards in the hallway. I picked up all the trim last Saturday when Rochelle was at work. I managed to bring it home in the beemer if you can believe it.. The car has a ski bag pass through in the trunk that I don't think has ever been used, so what better what to break it in but to haul 150 feet of trim.. worked like a damn, even though I had to make 2 trips.. lol Who would have though a BMW would be good to haul lumber.
Today we are planning on applying a film on the ensuite window to give the appearance of frosted glass. Rochelle picked up the film at Ikea of all places. I am sure my old chinese neighbor next door will be upset that the 6am peep show will be over.
Other than getting the baseboards for the bedroom and ensuite, the only thing left to do is to finally decide on a tile and install it. I want to get that done b4 xmas holidays.. crossing my fingers..
Oh I had an appraiser come by last week to appraise my house. This was part of the mortgage preapproval that I am getting done, b/c I am using equity from this house as a down payment if we find the perfect house. So it turns out my place is worth 340k.. pretty crazy eh? That is about 40k over comparables in the neighborhood.. I guess all the reno's have added some value.. I was pretty happy with that number.
On the work front, I am not sure if I told ya'll that I was in line for a promotion at work.. Well in October I had a promotion interview for a Sr Business analyst job, and on Friday I found out that it went through. Pretty cool eh, comes with a 7% pay increase now, with more in the new year to try to bring me closer to the base pay of this job. You see I am grossly underpaid compared to my coworkers that have been hired in the last year or 2.. They get hired in at the industry rate and us poor folks who have worked for the company for years are generally paid less. You see they have a corporate rule about only having a 10% increase in a year. So it will probably take me a couple years to get up to a decent salary range for the job.. But whatever atleast I am heading in the right direction.. So you can call me Senior BA if you are nasty..
Well I am tapped out for now. I will post pics of the hallway later today.

Later

3 comments:

Rox said...

It's funny how you can email someone almost everyday and not know they were in line for a PROMOTION and GOT IT!!!!! Congratulations you enigma, you!

I think it's good for you to get into a Gladice-free zone. Maybe you can rent to someone who is reasonably noisy (although not destructive) and they will drive her completely around the frigging bend! That would be SWEET!

I want pictures.

Devo said...

Congrats on the promotion! Sounds like you are almost done reno's and not a friggin moment too soon. Damn Gladice, who the hell does that bitch think she is anyways? Jeeez.

Jenny said...

Glad you got yourself a Gladice free home! Sounds like she is a supreme beyotch!