Monday, August 27, 2007

ok ok..

I am blogging. Everyone happy.. Good.. Chunks you ok? Good.
Just kidding. I know I have been very negligent at blogging as you can see my last post was a month ago. You know how it is. summer, you don't feel like being on the computer, plus I was on VA for 2 weeks so I have a bit of an excuse lol
Here is a recap to bring everyone up to speed.
Drove to the Peg to visit the inlaws. Started out kinda rough, Angus puked twice b4 we left the city limits.. Lovely. Luckly he must have gotten his car legs b/c that was it for puking thank god. The drive was loongg, I wanted to stop half way to break it up and Rochelle was having none of that. So I was crabby for the last 2 hrs but whatever.. She promises next time we can stop, and I will hold her to it. JT suggested that we meet in Regina next time and hang out for the evening. Good plan.
The weather was really nice, hot in fact. On Tues we installed a bathroom door for Rochelles mom. It was her bday present. Her dad built a bathroom downstairs 5 yrs ago and for some reason never put a door on.. Even with Rochelles mom asking for one. So we decided that would be a nice gift. Not sure how her Dad felt about it, he did come down every few minutes to offer his suggestions.. lol Anyways, the door went in perfectly and her mom is very happy. In fact there was a tear or 2 in her eye. I think she was just happy not to have to see hubby on the lou reading the paper in the morning.. lol
Wednesday Rochelle took her neice to get a belly ring for her 16th birthday and ended up coming home with a nose ring. Looks good, very tiny, not gawdy.
Oh the dogs were very good, Angus just wrapped R's Mom around his paw, well he wrapped everyone but especially mom. I think she would have kept him if we had let her. Addy was good, escaped a few times, Angus didn't even need to be tied up. He just followed us around. Lets hope he stays that way.
On Thursday nite we went up to the cabin for a couple days. It is so nice up there. I also discovered this year they have a jet ski.. yahoo. They have all the toys, but the boat is up in the boat house and we have no idea how to get it into the water. The jet ski was just on a lift outside by the dock. So first thing Friday I headed to the gas station to get gas for the ski. It was a bit to get used to but eventually I felt comfortable. Rochelle on the other hand didn't like it too much. She tried to get on the back with me and as soon as she got on the thing started rocking and I ended up in the lake. That was it for her. She did try it on her own a couple times and did ok, but still wasn't jonesing on it so she went back to her puzzle game on the deck. lol I was giving her a hard time about being a the lake and doing puzzles when there is all this water fun to be had,, didn't faze her though.
The day was going good until we found out that her Brother was coming up Friday nite. they werent supposed to be up till Saturday. As you know I don't do well will people I don't know very well, I am just not comfortable Anyways, Saturday morning I get up to the whole family running around, so I retire to the deck on the boat house to chill. Her brother's friends showed up around noon with another kid. This was actually good b/c we didn't feel like we had to really socialize, Or I didn't anyways.. Maybe Rochelle wanted to but didn't want to leave me down there.. hmm Will have to ask her. Anyways the day was good, did a bit more jet skiing, Got stuck across the lake when it got rough, that was a bit of a scary ride back, white caps coming over the ski soaking me. When I got back Rochelle thought I had fell in.. Which I ended up doing while I was talking to her at the dock.. lol Thankfully no one else was around.
That is when things kinda turned. I went out a bit later for a ride and it was a bit rough, so I went to the other side where it was calm, when I came back Rochelle said here brother wanted the Jet ski up for the day.. I was like why? Well he thought it wdas too rough, to which I said it wasn't on the other side, and I know my limits.. blah blah. So I got pissed. It wasn't here brother's cabin and we had been given the go ahead to use the stuff there just like them. I think I got my back up b/c he was telling me what to do.. anyways it was probably stupid but I got pissed. The truth is I kinda felt like we were intruding on their time at the cabin since they had they had the following week booked at the cabin. You see the weekends are for anyone and you book the weekdays.
So then there was supper, we weren't planning on staying another night so we didn't bring any supper food, but then Rochelle thought we could stay over and go back the next morning. Originally it seemed ok, they said they had enough chicken for everyone, then we were going to have steak, but there wasn't enough for everyone so then it was sausage. I was like whatever, I could have just as easily gone to the restaurant and eaten. (we did offer to help with dinner but they said they were fine if you are all wondering) So I was outside and Rochelle came out and said I guess we are having sausage and the are all having steak.. Apparently the friends really really wanted to have steak so they all had it except us.. I tell ya I didn't even want steak but I sure felt like a loser with me and Rochelle sitting there with the sausage ina bun while everyone else is feasting on T-bones... Am I wrong that that was a little rude.. Well it felt so at the time.. So after we cleaned up everyones steak dishes, we were sitting back down at the dock and I said to Rochelle that I wanted to go home that night. I didn't feel welcome there. She said ok, though I don't think she was too happy. She went back up to the house for something and was gone a long time, so I went looking for her. She was loading up the car. I was like whats going on..? She was upset, then her brother said something about they didn't want us to leave and something about us moving rooms so the friends could have our room was no big deal.. I was like.. What? I didn't know anything about that. Apparently her brother had asked us to move rooms, b/c their friends wanted our room I mean really they rooms all have 2 doubles in them and we were only staying one more night. What was the point of that. I guess that was the straw that broke Rochelles back. There was a bit more drama and tears about us leaving. Rochelle was upset too about leaving the family. Her brother tried to get us to stay but we said no we were leaving anyways tonight. blah blah. Anyways we left around 8pm. Got back to the inlaws at 930pm and her mom was all worried b/c her brother had called and said we had left and he was worried b/c of driving at nite. Anyways.. drama over.
We stayed one more day (sunday) and left for PA Monday morning.
This will have to be continued as I have to get ready for work.
Will post part 2 next time

M

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nose ring at 16? I'm such a spaz, I've forbidden all piercings until legal voting age. Same with tattoos. Rochelle is the "cool auntie" I would have to kill if she belonged to me! LOL!

Sounds like the cabin trip was one part fun two parts drama. Sorry to hear it. Glad to hear Angus is a charmer and a (somewhat) good traveller.

I always think I don't do well around new people, but then halfway through meeting new people I think "Gee, I'm charming!" then I turtle up because I think I'm being TOO charming.

So, I wonder what the two of us will be like when we (ever) meet. I will have the shits and you will be looking for a jet ski you can zoom away on?

Devo said...

Wow, that sounds like fun and then some NOT. I don't do well with family situations like that, when that kind of shit happens, I get my back up. Maybe that's why I avoid my family in a group setting, I prefer them one on one. I don't like meeting new people unless I'm drinking, then I am a lot braver. And since I hardly drink, well that's that. haha. Glad you're back, looking forward to the next installment.

Anonymous said...

Hardly drink?! Don't let her fool you Margo. When she says she hardly drinks she really means "She doesn't drink hard stuff!" Lock up your beer and wine if Devo's around!!! Hahahahha!

Hardly drink. You didn't think I was gonna let you get away with that one, did you Devo?

Devo said...

Ok ok I meant hardly get slobbering drunk, I imbibe regularly but remain fairly lucid. I can only handle strangers if I am slugging them back. And then they can hardly handle me. haha.

JT said...

about fucking time, bella. Hardly drink... LOL, good one, Christine McVie....
I am having a glass of wine that is warming the cockles of my heart. Well, maybe it's heartburn. I dunno, at my age.
Keep on truckin'

Anonymous said...

Um Margo? It's September now! Time to blog again!