Hi y'all. Sorry for the long gap in posts. I haven't been in the blogging frame of mind as you might say.
Thanks to all who sent me their thoughts after losing Dewie, it was much appreciated.
I am doing ok, it was a hard couple weeks but I know the little bugger is resting in the sun somewhere and probably humping a little poodle or something.
I haven't had a lot of time to dwell on it though b/c of the new arrival to the house.
The timing was bad and good. Bad in that it seems like we replaced Meathead which isn't the case and good in that Addie is not lonely. She was pretty out of sorts for the first couple days but then little Sir Angus Mcdougall arrived and she really hasn't had time to be lonely.
They seem to be the best of friends and she finally has a playmate that wants to play and can put her in her place. It is really quite fun to watch them play.I wish i had a video camera to post b/c it is funny as hell. Angus runs and tackles her and she lets him. His only real defense is grabbing onto her hair, read ear, chin tail.. whatever he can reach and just latches on. She runs and he hangs on being dragged around the yard.
He does seem to be pretty good. Havent heard his voice yet, not sure if he just hasn't found it or whether he might actually be quiet.. Time will tell I guess, for now I am enjoying the quiet playing.
The renos are moving along slowly, have seen some progress though. The closet systems are installed, 3 of the walls have been painted. We just have the final mudding on the accent walls then they can be primed and painted. Then the last task other than finishing (baseboards etc..) is the shower tile.. It is really nice to have someplace to hang the clothes though> living out of a laundry basket has been trying.
One of the reasons for the slow down on the ensuite is that we have been busy outside. Planted a bunch of perennials in the yard, stained the deck, put some lattice down in the bottom part of the yard to cover the ugly chain link, then painted it and the bottom fence the same colour as the shed trim and hung a planter box on the shed window. Not sure if I mentioned that we also planted a tree down in the corner of the yard, the Artidendrum was looking sorta haggard so we decided to replace it with a live one. We picked a weeping Caragana, sort of looks like the Joshua tree, so thats what we named it. It should look really nice once it fills out.
Well thats all I got for now.
TT
Margs
2 comments:
no damn wonder we haven't heard from you~ busy bee!
I'm glad Angus is settling in nicely. Things have a way of working out. He was brought to you to help ease your pain by giving you something to laugh at.
You might not have a video camera (your digital doesn't do vid?!) but take lots of pics and post them when you can.
This post reminded me that I have lots of painting to do. I don't wanna!!!!!
Post pics of the new baby! And the reno progress too! Glad to hear you are well and have been distracted from the loss by the new pup.
Post a Comment